Sunday 21 June 2009

Short and sweet

My last update shows I have got the running bug back and am determined to stay on course for the half marathon next month.

But that was a few days ago - today is another day, the end of a lazy weekend. I did run, but I feel it was more to tick a box, so that in my mind I have satisfied the condition of running three times this week.

I also didn't really have a plan. I set off with the idea of deviating from the ring road to run the circuit of a lake - I knew where it was but in 5 years of living in Bicester had never seen it, only run past an access footpath every time I go round the ring road.

Felt very sluggish today, but I stuck to as much of a brief that I could think of while running along. Do minimum three miles, try to run at "pace", i.e. a little over ten minute mile pace which would represent a significant improvement on my half marathon time.

So, it's done - 3.15 miles in just over 32 minutes. I should really have run further.

No comments: