Sunday 31 May 2009

Horrible

Well, that was horrible.

Five weeks ago, euphoria. Cheered on live by a crowd of thousands, a surprising opportunity late in life to fulfil an ambition. And now? Just an overweight curly-haired bloke doing the same thing, somehow the novelty had worn off. Sweat dripping within the first minute under the intense heat and personal pressure, just a short performance and then relief at being home on the sofa with the cat.

But enough about Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent yesterday, how was my run? Well, it was horrible ... oh you get the picture. The London Marathon seems a long time ago now. I've blogged pretty much every run, and have only missed one since my last blog entry, which means I've just run once (May 20th) until this morning.

The facts and figures are that I ran for half an hour this morning in seering heat (making excuses already I know, but it was much hotter than Marathon day). In fact for the first time I wore my Garmin heart monitor/GPS watch thingy, so it told me I ran exactly 2.9 miles in 29 and a bit minutes. So my pace was good but I have no idea how on earth I used to run miles and miles ... though I could probably have gone a little further.

It feels I'm doing *just* enough to tell people that I haven't stopped completely, but not enough to keep up any standard for long. But as we move into June I'll pick up the training again. I have to. I've got a lot of biscuits, bhajis and Bournville to run off!

No comments: