Sunday 28 December 2008

weeks 20-21

I'm ashamed to see I haven't updated my blog since December 12th when I ran 40 minutes. It looks like I already had my December excuses of exhaustion, business and party season, and I'm afraid I really let the training dip somewhat but I'm going to use the same excuses

This is, I think, what I ran in the intervening time

Sunday 14th: 20 minutes
Tuesday 16th: 30 minutes
Sunday 21st: 10 minutes
Wednesday 24th: 35 minutes

As I've neglected the blog somewhat (it seems I'm far more likely to update when I have something more triumphant to post) then I don't have detailed facts, figures and feelings to update, other than a real need to improve. In my defence ... something kept me off work 17th-19th December which hit my appetite and left me exhausted, and I think Sunday 21st was too soon to start again. And I was pleased to get back to 35 minutes for Christmas Eve but catching and passing my previous best of 40 minutes has really seemed a difficult barrier.

I have to get back to a minimum three runs a week, and the improvement I need to make is also pretty obvious. Still a long way to go though.

No comments: