Monday 19 January 2009

Agorophobia Part III

Sunday 18th and there was only one thing to do - go out and do exactly the same thing I failed so miserably to do yesterday.

The result - nailed it! OK I shouldn't get so excited so much about a 2.25 mile run when I have a marathon to run in April, but this felt like quite an achievement given my previous demons.

This time I ran at about 5pm which meant it was pitch black. I think that helped - on Saturday I was hangdog and unwilling to look up at passing cars in case I recognised anyone, already self-conscious and aware I was walking large chunks. In the dark, despite my flourescent running top being visible as far away as Northants, I felt less conspicuous.

The run was just as hard - as I reached the mile marker I felt as bad if not worse as yesterday. But I ran through it - I knew mentally that there was no reason to stop there. And the further on I got the more determined I was to complete the course. Thankfully I did, and the next target can now be the 3.5 mile circuit I'd hoped to run all along.

No comments: