Wednesday 14 January 2009

January

Well the year started with great optimism but after my first attempt on the road it just got colder and colder. First attempt at a run was on January 4th (Sunday) but it was just going to be too cold for this southern softie.

I decided in the end to go for the safer option of the garage, where even inside it was -2 degrees. I wanted to at least run the 3.5 miles I would have done had it been outside, so covered 40 minutes on the treadmill. The temperature is not so bad when you get started, on the treadmill anyway, but it was just such a deterrent to a run outside. Finally kitted up with a new ipod to conquer the boredom of treadmill running it seems it can be a good incentive to listen to a define list of determined length. This time though I haven't sussed all that so it was a Travis album or nothing - if I'd not thought the last few songs were boring I maybe would have run further!

Next run of the year was Thursday 8th - with only evening options then once again I plumped for the treadmill. Time was short so I ran 25 minutes this time in a balmy +2 degrees. Not much to write about this one - time is so short during the week. Not an unsuccessful run but not really pushing my goals of running further and running outside

No comments: