Wednesday 14 January 2009

January part 2

This weekend saw the need to run twice to meet the minimum of 3 runs per week but it just didn't happen. Saturday, instead of running, involved lunch and a boozy day at friends. Four months before the marathon, that's still the right priority in life, isn't it? I think so but may not be thinking that in March, or Feburary ...

Once again Sunday was the best opportunity to run outside but my domestic duties for the day were not done until it was cold and dark. At least the domestic duties included a trip to the shops and clearing out the sale clothes from the local running shop, so the longsleeved winter running tops are now the latest addition to the kit. The treadmill beckoned again, having at least made the decision to lug it in from the cold garage to the almost as cold house, and this time I ran for 45 minutes. I certainly had it in me to go a full hour I think.

I still need to push further though - the next treadmill run must be another hour and the next outdoor run must happen this weekend or sooner (and be more successful than the first one). I'm getting into a habit of starting each month slowly and then rusing albeit successfully to my goal at the end of the month.

Lucky for me the marathon is on the 29th of the month!!

No comments: