Wednesday 21 January 2009

New PB

A wet Wednesday evening and if I was going to run tonight it would be on the treadmill. A very bad day at work meant I was in a foul mood which I assumed from the start meant I would manage either 5 minutes or a personal best depending on how I transferred my mental state to my running.

Well the entry's title should be a pretty good clue. I kitted myself up with the iPod again and ran in the dark of the conservatory. The advantage of the dark and the iPod is that I didn't look at the timer at all until 57 minutes in, then 65, 71 and finally stopped at 75 minutes. It's still nothing compared to how far I have to go in a little less than 14 weeks but nice to improve my PB my such a long way.

Have to focus on outdoor running when I can now though.

I have now signed up for the Silverstone Half Marathon on March 15th, just under 8 weeks away. There's a chance that today I ran about a quarter of a marathon, so that shows how far I've come and how far I've got to go ...

No comments: