Saturday 18 April 2009

Eight days to go

Training continues - long runs are shorter but intermediate sessions continue. Thursday (which I forgot to blog about ...) was scheduled to be one hour, but a long day and heavy rain meant I postponed my run to late night on the treadmill on a small incline.

Everything still feels fine, even though I can't imagine where the twenty-six miles is going to come from. I ran for what seems like the longest 40 minutes of my life, and called it a day there - the paranoia and difficult motivation (and lateness in the day) meant that was more than enough.

And on to today - threshold runs of 5 minutes repeated 4 times, successfully negotiated. These days there's less to talk about in the runs themselves and more about my thoughts on the marathon itself. But I'll keep it short and simple - I'm terrified and just want to get on with it now!

No comments: