Sunday 3 August 2008

The beginning

OK so here are the facts ...



I've never run in my life. I don't know why, but in April after watching the London Marathon I decided to run in the 2009 event. People who know me will not be surprised to see I am running for an animal charity (well the running bit they will be very surprised about, but just not the animal charity bit), so I have resolved to raise £1000 for Save the Rhino International. All of which means I now have a guaranteed place to run.



I'm 5 foot 9 and 14 stone 10, quite overweight, and just can't seem to get started. But on the 3 occasions I've tried so far, I couldn't hit 2 minutes without stopping. And I haven't actually told anyone I'm doing this yet apart from close friends and family. Someone mentioned it was quite a "mid-life" thing to do, they probably got it absolutely right!



So I'm working on the assumption that the more people I now tell, the more likely I will be to actually start training and do the marathon in April 2009. Watch this space ...



Neil

No comments: