Friday 29 August 2008

Week 4

So here's the problem - the title correctly says week 4, but the reality is that every work day that passes another day slips by without running. So again if I'm to do 3 days this week it has to be Friday - Sunday.

But at least part one of that has been fulfilled. The treadmill has one readout that doubles both as "Age" and "Calories", and I'm not sure what's more depressing. In either case in moves inexorably from 1 to 61. If it's calories, that's a depressingly small amount burned off, although I'm sure I sweated an extra pound! (sorry, I'll not go into detail as if it's sweaty men you're interested in then you're on the wrong blog). If it's age, well that makes no sense but it did somehow reflect the age I started to feel, slowly moving through the 40s and 50s as I ran further.

I should add at this point that I haven't moved on to week 2 schedule yet - still inexorably working to get comfortable at 8 repetitions of 1.5 minutes walking and 1 minute walking. I've got time still on my side, haven't I?

No comments: