Sunday 31 August 2008

Foggy start

After yesterday's lovely afternoon sunshine I thought I'd start early for a summer morning workout. Well it turns out yesterday was summer. Today I woke up to thick fog and a severe weather warning.

The problem with running, even run/walking, for as little as 20 minutes, is you spend the whole time thinking. Maybe I need a sports psychologist! Usually my mind wanders as far as thinking just what a big step up it is to a marathon ... so far I feel good, and 5% or so fitter than when I started. But I need to be 1000% fitter.

So far it's been 4 weeks at the current pace of 1.5 minutes walking and 1 minute running, with 8 repetitions. I'm just about comfortable with this but still clockwatch at the end of every minute - my body wants to walk, not run. It's hard to see how I can step this up but next week I think I have to. My training schedule is hidden away so I haven't dared look to see what I need to do ...

No comments: