Wednesday 11 March 2009

More Interval Training

Another attempt at interval training today. Once again the motivation for the non-Sunday runs is difficult. The days have passed where every run was a potential personal best, now that only happens on Sundays, so today I wanted to try and get some faster bursts in.

My plan was to choose an album on my iPod, then run for its length. Each third song I would up the speed on the treadmill to a faster pace. It seemed to work well this time - as always my mind is more focussed on Silverstone on Sunday and then the small matter of London. TMBG's album got me through with sprints on songs 3,6,9 and 12.

But it was mission accomplished - 36 minutes or so, probably at an average of 9 and a bit minute miles. Next stop, who knows, but the one after that is the half marathon. Touch wood, I'm lurgy free, everything is still pain free and in good working order

1 comment:

Phil said...

That's a neat way of doing it - much better than my vague guesses of how far away somethig is!
Guess you have to be careful on album selection though - would suck to get hit with Bohemian Rhapsody on a fast bit!!