Wednesday 4 March 2009

Sunshine on Leith

This post is dedicated to fellow runner and blogger Phil - a bad day today and an injured knee, hope you fix it in time for London. See his blog at http://philrunslondon.blogspot.com/ and also his links to other bloggers detailing their trials and tribulations. It seems like Proclaimers song titles are what gets you noticed, not Tom Petty ones, so if you can't beat 'em ... Enjoy them all ... and if you are inspired, come back here and sponsor me, not the others!!

Back to today - after the euphoria of last Sunday's long run, was time to get running again. I went for the treadmill option as the easiest way to try more interval training. Armed with my iPod and an album lined up, I decided that every third song I would up the pace and run faster.

This I did for 35 minutes, with four faster stints. I would estimate that I probably ran 4 miles or just under, as my faster stints should have taken me under ten minute mile pace. It certainly felt like a good workout as running indoors on the treadmill happens in an enclosed space and I always work up more of a sweat - certainly I was more sweaty, if not more exhausted, than after my much longer exertions at the weekend.

So far all joints, legs, feet, muscles, and pretty much everything, holding up, touch wood ...

No comments: