Saturday 6 September 2008

Week 5

Hmm - my first run of the week and it's Saturday already. I did swim yesterday, but anyone who knows me knows I can swim as well as I run so I can't count that. I have at least stepped up the running stints to 1.5 minutes (watch out Paula Radcliffe!) although my training schedule says 2 minutes running at a time I didnt really fancy that at this stage.

The problem is finding time during the week. As it's Saturday and this is my first run of week 5 I'm clearly failing in that matter. Currently I'm working 1-2 hours overtime every day (close to 11 hours a day if you include the commute), trying to complete a degree course in my spare time (having finally nailed an essay on the role of empowerment in poverty alleviation this morning, three weeks late), and training for the marathon.

Common consensus is that one of them is just going to have to give as I don't have time for all three. It can't be the marathon. It won't be.

No comments: