Sunday 7 September 2008

End of week 5

Ahem, week 5 ends the day after it begins ...

On the treadmill again and in an effort to avoid clockwatching and take my mind off the task in hand, I went for the option of listening to the radio, as Andy Murray takes on Nadal for the US Open final. The idea being that it will be engrossing enough that before I know it I will have sailed through today's training.

Not sure that happened, though the tennis is good! Unfortunately as I write I'm long since back in the house and the tennis players who are far fitter are still going (which also means that Murray hasn't won the third set) but at least it's a massive 18 minutes more of run/walking under the belt. I might not know who wins now till tomorrow morning, let's hope there's a good omen for my future sporting efforts.

Before I know it another week will start tomorrow and I'm not ready enough to step up to 2 minutes running at a time yet. At least the London Marathon has a handy(?) counter that tells me I have exactly 07 months, 18 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 31 seconds before it starts. That's a lot of jogging and a lot of blogging to get through.

No comments: