Sunday 28 September 2008

End of week 8 ...

Well today was better than last time.

I'd quite like to leave it there but then this blog would be pretty short and pointless. Instead I'm aiming for quite long and pointless. Back up to 4 repeats of 3 minutes and I think I could have squeezed another one in. The depressing thing is that it's not really a very long time, and coupled with the fact I don't run very fast, I worked out my 3 minute runs are only one hundredth of the full distance of a marathon.

I feel I'm improving very slowly - but now knowing I need to up my game 10000% is somewhat daunting ...

All the training guides seem to think that once you've managed something for three times one week (in my case, one minute walk, three minutes run, repeat 5 times), then you'll instantly be able to do something harder next week. I think I need longer at three minute running times though before I progress (sigh). Oh well, it's a marathon, not a sprint ...

No comments: