Sunday 19 October 2008

End of week 11

Same again today - but without cheating with longer walk breaks. I'm pleased with that because every run has been a very minor improvement.

A quick check of the official London Marathon website helpfully reminds me I have six months, six days and fourteen hours till the start (I'll spare you the number of seconds). In other words about 27 weeks. I've gone from 1 minute to 4 minutes in 11 weeks - can I go from 5 to about 300 in the next 27? Sometimes I hate that I'm a mathematician at heart, because if I apply things like this literally it shows me I've got to improve faster than I am at the moment.

Still waiting for that run when I get off the treadmill really confident that I've got more in the tank and will go much better next time. When that happens I'll write triumphantly about it! Come to think of it, still waiting for the time I'm confident enough to be seen in public instead of confined to the treadmill in the garage but that's another thing to write about entirely.

No comments: