Sunday 12 October 2008

End of week 10

Well I'm desperately trying to maintain 4 minute stints at the moment and managed this three times in my run today. Unfortunately to do this I had to do three things:

1) cheat - by upping my intervening gaps from 1 minute to 2 minutes
2) run through the barrier past the point where I thought I'd have to stop
3) I can't remember what the third one was, I ran this afternoon and have only just remembered to update my blog

I can see now why Roger Bannister was so keen to get it all done in 3:59 - the thought of running for any more than 4 minutes at a time terrifies me at the moment. I'm kind of hoping for the day I get off the treadmill feeling good about myself and feeling I could have actually done more than I did. When that day comes there'll be a very triumphant blog entry. Until then, it's more of the usual self-doubting drivel ...

No comments: