Sunday 19 October 2008

Piece of cake

It's Sunday today but this is a blog update for yesterday's run.

There usually seems to be a time where it feels (relatively) quite good. Halfway into my second stint I was feeling optimistic and my mind was already wondering forward to this blog and how I would triumphantly write about my best run yet. I didn't chastise myself for over-confidence because I need to be positive after all.

And then one minute later I was clutching my ribcage and trying to run off stitch, wondering instead if I was going to be able to go much further. I'd say pride goes before a fall but at least I didn't fall off the treadmill.

Anyway things improved slightly from there as I managed to get 4 stints in which I think is an improvement, though I did have a 2 minute walk instead of 1 after my stitch.

I know the psychology - if I can run 4 minutes, walk 1, then run 4 more, then that's 8 out of 9. Surely then 5,6 or 7 minutes in one go should be a piece of cake? Mmm ... cake ...

No comments: