Friday 21 November 2008

Breakthrough

Well it's only in getting lazy updating this blog that I've realised people are following this and wanting to know how I'm doing! So thanks again everyone for your words of encouragement. And if you can figure out how - get commenting!

Anyway it hasn't got me completely back into good habits as this entry, on Friday, is about my run on Wednesday. In fact just before I was getting changed to go for a run I spoke to my mother on the phone, who because of the lack of blog updates, wanted to know how I was getting on. I mentioned of course that I was running 20 minutes at a time, and that hopefully by the end of Novemeber I would do 30.

Then as I went to the treadmill in the garage I thought why wait 12 more days just because of a self-imposed deadline? It might have been November 19th, so why not now? It was the usual story really - minutes 1 and 2 were probably the most tiring, by minute 8 it felt great but like I'd run 20, the rest passed far too slowly but I did run 30 minutes, much to my amazement and pride. Minute 30 was probably the only particularly difficult one apart from the first one as it's so difficult not to clockwatch but I do feel like I've made great progress here. When I start talking about miles run and not minutes, then I'll have cracked it (about 3 I reckon!)

No comments: