Saturday 8 November 2008

Thank you

I've heard a few people are reading this now but haven't figured out how to post comments. Not sure if there's something dodgy with the settings, or whether that just shows the general technological nous of my friends and family, but whichever is true, then thank you for sticking with it and all your support!

Well today I didn't feel so good, or perhaps I was just nicely full with a good pub lunch and a sneaky pint and a half of bitter, but I couldn't put the training off. Again I decided to run as far as I can on the treadmill.

Strange as I felt after 4 or 5 minutes that I wasn't destined for a long run, but as every minute passed I felt that however bad it felt I at least had another minute in me. At 10 I decided to push for 12, at 12 for 15, and so on until I managed to run for twenty minutes.

I think running just one stint is helping - I may only have run today the same as running 4 5-minute stints, but it feels like four times the achievement. I'm optimistic now that I'll be able to run for 30 by the end of November - I have to aim for it if I'm to push on. But who says I can't do it?

No comments: