Sunday 30 November 2008

Week 17

Don't you love technology? I've just posted a long post that has disappeared!

Week 17 so far has been a Wednesday run and a Saturday run. Wednesday started with the realisation that while I have now hit 30 minutes I'm still running woefully slowly. Problem is that in April I will have to run a fixed distance and not a fixed time and according to my treadmill I'm not even at 6ph yet which would be 10 minute mile pace.

So I've stepped up the pace a little but just ran 15 minutes. I don't think my heart was in it and could probably have struggled to run 30 at my usual plod anyway but at least I've made a start and upped my speed slightly. I think my next goal by Christmas eve has to be to run 30 minutes at 6mph though I think I will be varying my speed somewhat to see if I can go further than 30 minutes (OK, 31!) on other occasions.

And the Saturday run ... it just gets so late, after Xmas shopping, food shopping, cooking, eating, waiting for food to settle, and walking the dogs, the run suddenly becomes at 9:30. The first two minutes of the run felt awful, but I managed to ride it out to 15 minutes. However I didn't really have the desire to run any further so late in the day so stopped right there.

Feels like this week is stalling a little bit - I was so pleased to hit 30 minutes last week but I think I need to find that motivation back! I will announce now then that I will do at least 30 minutes tonight so as not to fall back a week.

No comments: