Sunday 22 February 2009

Getting hotter

Saturday morning and I planned my next run - the long and short loop adding to just under six miles that I have now run a few times. It would be the first test of my foot outside since hurting it last Sunday but in all honesty it had started to feel better so I hoped it wouldn't be an issue.

Resplendant in my winter gear I began running - two layers on top (a high visibility long sleeved winter top with my Save the Rhino running vest proudly over the top of it), and my winter wooly hat on.

The run was fine but it soon became clear that the sun was out and I was overdressed. As I reached the end of the 3.5 mile loop I was very sweaty and gasping for water, but had not brought anything with me. So the easiest and most sensible thing to do was to cut short the run there, so I did. Shorter run than I intended but happy to err on the side of caution.

No comments: