Wednesday 25 February 2009

rush hour

Went for a 4.5 mile run this morning - as I decided to run at 8am I hadn't taken into account the rush hour and the school run. As always, the first mile was horrible, heavy-legged and hard work.

Only this time it never really seemed to change. As a seasoned runner of nine miles now, then 4.5 miles was never going to be too difficult, but it was a challenge to keep going. My runs just seem so slow - it's difficult to change pace because any slower would be walking. If I now see a pedestrian in the distance on a long straight road, it can be minutes before I catch him/her up and overtake.

But the run was done, and I did cover the 4.5 miles in 45 minutes. Nice to get a run completed before 9am too and not to worry for the rest of the day about when to squeeze it in.

No comments: