Monday 2 February 2009

Two laps





A blog post now for Friday's run. I know that Saturday will not be possible as we have so much to do and plans for the evening, so my runs will have to be Friday and Sunday. I wanted to increase the distance I can run outside, so decided to go for two laps of the smaller circuit around my house. Two laps of 2.25 miles will be 4.5 miles, and my furthest yet off the treadmill.

As it happens, the run was fine, after the first minute or two as usual. The evening was full of joggers, including a woman who both ran past me from the opposite direction and then overtook me all within the first mile. So long as I don't try and run too fast I think I'm usually OK now.

The big challenge was probably going to be the part where I pass close to my house after one lap and resisting the temptation to call it a day. But in all honesty it was never a temptation and I continued with the second lap as comfortable as the first. All in all, 4.5 miles covered.

I did state in my facebook update that was dressed head to toe in polyester and that I looked like a cross between Dave Beasant and Benny from Crossroads! I guess that's the price we pay for our art! You can blame my description on a bright yellow long-sleeved top, long curly hair and curls sticking out from under a stupid hat ...

No comments: