Friday 6 February 2009

Housebound

Yesterday (Thursday) and a few inches of snow has brought the county to a standstill. Not a good idea to run out on the roads though so I'm glad I have the treadmill option.

I've kind of switched my focus to thinking that the longer runs should now be outside, with treadmill options based more on changing speeds/inclines or just when a shorter run would do. With that in mind I went for a run on the treadmill yesterday not trying to push any boundaries or break any records, just to keep up the training.

I ran about 40 minutes in the end. In fact I ran 35 in one stint but had a couple of earlier aborted starts, due to having the heater on too hot and then throwing my ipod away because the headphones just fall out when I start running. If only it was as easy as just going in, running, and coming back to the house. I think, really, it probably is.

No comments: